Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tired (Sun 13 Feb 2011)

Jack left today to head back to Camas. Mom said they had a very nice visit. I asked her how she is feeling and she said that she is always tired when anyone leaves after a visit. She said, "When you live alone you get used to just doing whatever you feel like, but when you have a visitor, you have to be a bit more organized, but it's worth it to have them here." This afternoon she took a long nap in her green chair.

She said that the main thing that keeps her tired is that she keeps having to get up in the night to go to the bathroom because of the diuretics: "When you have to get up in the middle of the night, you don't get a good solid night's sleep, but that's just something that old ladies have to put up with."

This coming Thursday she has to go into town for another follow-up blood test, and since she has to be in town anyway, she said, "I've got enough strength that I've got to get this poor dog clipped, she just looks so awful." So she called her favorite dog groomer who agreed to take Jana at 9am on Thursday. Mom is also going to try to get her own hair done, but her beautician is semi-retired so she doesn't know if she will be able to get an appointment. (This is the time-warp beauty shop that looks like it came straight out of a 1950 Twilight Zone episode.)

I asked her if she is OK with driving, and she said that she doesn't have any trouble driving--it's the walking after she gets there that's the problem. But she says that she only goes to stores that have the ride-around carts. She said that Bill has been coaching her on how to drive the carts at Sherms, and she described how she makes turns by cranking the handlebars all the way and then giving it some power. She said, "I'm getting to be a pretty hot-rod driver...boy do I do the wheelies!"

No comments:

Post a Comment