Jack drove down to RP yesterday, and he will be staying with mom till this weekend. They are planning to go into town today. Once again I suggested that they go to Orley's and check out the propane stoves, and once again mom resisted: "Oh you guys are all in cahoots! Everybody is telling me to get a propane stove and nobody will be satisfied until it is installed!"
I said, "Well, it's up to you, but if you at least go look at 'em then you can tell everybody that you don't like them and don't want one." Somehow I get the feeling that resisting everybody is part of the game. Maybe if we all stop hinting about it, there won't be anything for her to to resist. The seed has been planted and she has already heard all the good reasons for doing it. Pressure causes resistance, so I intend to stop pressuring and see what happens.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment