Mom was just glowing when I talked to her this afternoon. She had a wonderful day.
She got up around 8AM. (That in itself is a change...for YEARS she used to get up at 5am.) Around 8:20AM she got a call from a neighbor, who said he would come over to build her fire.
"You don't have to do that!" she said, but he reportedly replied, "I know, but Jana needs her playtime!" They were going to Medford today, so he came over early so he could start a fire before they left, and of course, play ball with Jana for a while. Mom said, "You just don't get friends like this very often in this world!" So that started the day off well, and then...
Around 11:30AM the Rocky Point Quilt delegation arrived bringing lunch! They brought everything, plastic utensils, napkins, etc., and they set up the whole lunch like a buffet on mom's kitchen counter. Mom described a fantastic soup served "in a new way" with chips in the bottom of the bowl and cheese sprinkled on top. She said there were two homemade breads, and her comment was "It makes you think you're flying, it's so good!" They brought her flowers, complete with a purple ribbon because they know she loves purple. And they gave her a beautiful card to top it off.
Mom said, "You would think we were a bunch of teenagers with all the giggling and laughing; we had the BEST time!" Everybody gave her hugs, and she said (almost an exact quote because I was taking notes), "It was just what I needed! The holidays were hard enough without Ray, and I've been down in the dumps, but this was just like having a big New Year's Eve party! I had lots of friends when I was young, but they just weren't THIS kind of friends...it is so fantastic to have friends who do these "extra" things that make life worthwhile. It has been a very God-filled day!"
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment