Mom and I had a good laugh in the middle of the night last night. She had gotten up to use the commode (which worked BEAUTIFULLY!) and I was helping her get back into bed. She was sitting in the edge of the bed and she wanted me to help her lift her legs. She said, "I know it's going to hurt like heck. I guess I'll just have to bite the button and do it." Then both of us paused for a moment while it sunk in that she had really meant "bite the bullet," then we both burst out laughing. She got up again around 5am this morning and as I helped her back into bed again we decided that Bite the Button has now officially become the phrase to use!
Mom had a much better night last night, and I suspect that it was because she got her normal noon batch of pills as well as her evening batch of pills. Today I am going to go through her vast pharmacy of orange bottles and get everything sorted into the pill sorter box so it will be all ready for the next week.
I was thinking last night that when I first arrived here less than 2 weeks ago, she could walk around the cabin, but now because of her hip she relies heavily on the walker and can barely move without it. This morning I heard her say something so I went into her bedroom to find her standing precariously over by the mirrors at the end of her bed. She said that she had underestimated how big the bed is, and she had thought that it would be nice to sit on the lake side of the bed in the sunshine like she used to. But she got herself over there, then couldn't walk well enough to get around the end of the bed, so she wanted me to bring her walker. With the walker, she was able to make her way out of the bedroom and across the living room and over to the bathroom.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment