After mom's big brunch outing yesterday, I thought she would be exhausted yesterday afternoon and I was fully prepared for it. But surprisingly she was in a very good mood all afternoon and even had enough energy to saute veggies for our dinner.
This morning was a different story. Evidently she had to get up during the night for an urgent trip to the bathroom, and she thinks that somehow she jostled or tweaked her right hip, so when she got back to bed she was in a lot of pain. Consequently she didn't sleep well and got up this morning just in time for the power to go out for two minutes, which thwarted her efforts to get her new coffee maker started. She was VERY irritable and also confused--she put the coffee into the coffee maker without the filter basket (although she did use a paper filter), and she didn't put any water in the reservoir because she was so flustered about the power going out and messing up the digital clock on the coffee maker. I asked how many cups she had planned on making (so I could figure out how much water to put in), but she just said that she never measures the coffee...she just puts in what looks like the right amount. I got it fixed for her and it turns out that she didn't even want any coffee...she was making it for ME.
She has been complaining about pain in her right thigh and hip for over a week. At first we thought it was just sore muscles due to her using her atrophied muscles to try to lift that leg while Dr. B dressed her wound, but I don't think that's it anymore. There is no evidence of external bruising, and she insists that she has never bumped it. This morning she said that she wants to have an x-ray of her hip, so I told her to call Hospice and discuss it with Denise RN to RN. She seemed kind of confused about how to get hold of Denise, so I might need to do that for her. I asked her if she had taken a pain pill during the night and I think it hadn't occurred to her, but she covered by saying that she didn't want to. (In spite of taking one about a week ago when her hip was really hurting, and then commenting the next morning about how much it had helped.)
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment