Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday morning (May 28, 7am)

Mom was exhausted when she went to bed last night, but she had a good night and got some rest. This morning she was in a calm and happy mood, sitting in her chair in the sun room, drinking her coffee. I asked her if maybe stopping the Topril had made her feel better, and she checked her pulse and said that it's stronger today.

We are going to leave for town at 8:30 this morning to allow time for a blood draw prior to her appointment with Dr. Kubac. I asked if she thinks he will put her in the hospital right away. She said that she is pretty sure that he will want to put in a pacemaker, but she said she doesn't know the protocol...whether they admit you to the hospital for several days, or if it's a quick drive-through thing. (I picture orderlies on roller skates delivering hearts on trays.) I guess we will find out when we get in there.

She said that she knows her heart is worn out but that it is still "doing its best" to keep going. She said that she has fully accepted the situation, and in fact she does seem very calm and relaxed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment