Mom slept almost all morning. Occasionally we could see her clench her hands in her sleep, which is what she does when she is having a spell. A couple times she woke up and said some kind of garbled things that didn't make sense. Once she woke up and said that I had poured her four glasses of milk to make things even, and then she said that it was just like when she was in the hospital and having strange morphine-induced hallucinations.
Around noon she woke up and became more alert. She said that the reason she was sleeping so much was low blood sugar, and she asked for some cottage cheese and celery and Wheat Thins. I brought it to her in her recliner and she ate the whole thing (actually a very small glob of cottage cheese and about 5 Wheat Thins).
After lunch she got up and changed into her clothes (she had been in her PJs and bathrobe) and she commented that not getting dressed contributes to the problem. When Bill left to drive back to Redmond, she insisted on getting up out of her recliner to wave to him from her "usual place" by the back kitchen door. Then she went out into the sun room and settled down on the couch for a nap, and that's where she is now.
In spite of sleeping practically all day yesterday, she seems even more wiped out today. She slept most of the morning, and now she is sleeping again.
We were wondering if the antibiotic that she is taking for her leg wound might be a contributing factor, but she took the same antibiotic every day for the past three days, and Friday she had a lot of seizures, yesterday she had almost none but slept all day, and today she had had several seizures and is again sleeping all day. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern. She said that today is the last day that she is going to take the antibiotic (even though there are two more days to go), so I guess it might be interesting to see how she does tomorrow and Tuesday with no antibiotic.
And in other news...I discovered a big pile of rough-cut wood from a tree that was cut down several years ago. The wood is in rounds plus some large split chunks, and it had been stacked into a kind of fence along the property line between mom's place and the veterinarian next door. Since mom is getting low on firewood I decided to try some of that wood, which mom had completely forgotten about, so I hauled some of it up closer to the house in her wheelbarrow, and split it into more suitable sizes. It burns real well. I think I will work on burning that wood for a while and not use up her remaining stash of firewood. (Mom likes it HOT! It is 87 degrees in here right now!)
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment