Sunday, May 23, 2010

More Spells on Sunday (May 23, afternoon)

This morning mom got up around 6:30, got her coffee, and went out to sit in her chair in the sun room. I was sitting nearby. I saw a small spell pass over her, and when I asked if she had one, she said no. Then a little while later, she was sitting there with her half-empty coffee cup cradled in her hands. I looked over to see her head lolled back against the chair, and her arms shaking, and her body slumped back in the middle of another seizure. She dropped her cup and the lukewarm coffee spilled all over her lap. Like all the others, this one passed in a couple seconds, and when she came to, she saw me standing over her and said, "I just laid my head back for a second and I spilled my coffee." She wasn't aware that she had another one.

We got her into her bedroom and she changed into a clean pair of pajamas and a clean robe, then came out to sit in her recliner to watch her favorite Sunday Morning TV show. She spent most of the show nodding off, and I kept seeing little chattering motions of her lower jaw, like there was a seizure passing over her while she slept.

After a while, Bill helped her over to the table and she ate a small piece of French toast and a piece of bacon. When Jack called, Bill handed her the phone and then Bill and I went out into the kitchen to start cleaning up. We heard her talking to Jack, then a minute later she called out to us and said something pertinent to the conversation that Bill and I were having. We looked at each other, and Bill said, "Isn't she talking to Jack on the phone?" He went out into the dining room and she had set the phone down on the table. She recovered quickly and said "I had another one right then, and I set the phone down, then I forgot I was talking to Jack!" We gave the phone back to her and she continued her conversation with Jack.

After a while, Bill helped her over to her recliner again, and covered her with her quilt. Pretty soon, she said that she was thinking of taking a half hour nap, so we helped ber back into her bedroom, and she is now lying on her bed with two blankets over her. She seems completely wiped out this morning, even though she slept almost all day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment