When I came back downstairs after my last post, I found mom standing in the kitchen bracing herself against the counter. She said her back was killing her and she thought she "overdid it." Then she wondered aloud whether her back pain could be related to her kidneys, because it's in the right area.
She went out to the living room and sat down in her chair and promptly fell asleep. About 5pm I served her a teeny dinner of ham and salad and applesauce (brought by her quilt pal). She fell asleep imediately after finishing it. Around 6:45PM she woke up and said that she was thinking about going to bed. She said she really wanted to watch 60 Minutes but she didn't know if she could make it, but when I told her it was only 15 minutes still it started, she decided to wait (then fell back asleep). She dozed through the first segment, and when I said, "Mom, why don't you go to bed?" she replied irritably, "I am LISTENING! I don't have to be watching to know what's going on!" Then after a few minutes of silence, she repeated that she had done too much today.
She made it to the end of 60 Minutes, but she is now preparing for bed.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment