Mom finally got released from Sky Lakes Medical Center around 2:30pm yesterday. She was so happy to be going home, and when we got back out to Rocky Point, Jana was overjoyed to see mom. (And Fritz was overjoyed to go outside to pee, since the dogs had been in since about 6am and we got home around 3pm.)
Mom slept well last night, and she got up as usual around 5am to turn up the furnace, then went back to bed and slept until 7:15! It was wonderful to see her back in her usual place in her chair in the sunroom, drinking her morning cup of coffee and petting Jana's head. Mom said she felt really good, and well rested. She wore the elastic/velcro thing (that she refers to as a "corset") to keep her left arm from moving around too much while she slept, and she said she thought it helped her feel more comfortable.
She took her pulse in the morning, and it was at 75. I saw the incision and it actually looked pretty good. You can see the outline of the pacemaker...it's about the size of a silver dollar. I also took a look at the sore on her shin, and I could be imagining it but I thought it looked better...less angry red around the perimeter.
Around 9am, our friend Jon B arrived unexpectedly, and he ended up spending the whole day with us. Around 11am, Debbie arrived on her way back from Medford, bringing mom a basket full of wonderful stuff, fruit, chocolate. We all had a great visit.
Mom did a lot of sitting around and laughing today, and I think it was good for her to just sit still and visit. Several times she said that she is feeling much better. She took her pulse again this afternoon and it was 76. I asked her how the surgical site felt and she said that it was fine...she said "a little pulling" but no pain at all. So overall, things are really looking up. Both Jon and Debbie commented on how much better she looks.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YEEHAWWW!!!! Thanks for being there and all the reporting and stuff. :0)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Such good news!! I agree with Jack...thanks for being there and the great posts.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete