Thursday, June 17, 2010

Too much too soon? (Thurs 17 Jun 9pm)

Mom is very tired tonight. I drove her into town to the Cardiac Clinic this morning to pick up her additional Lovenox. That involved a short walk into the clinic, a short discussion with the receptionist, a short trip into the bathroom, and a short walk back out to the car. Then we stopped for gas, then went grocery shopping. She used a motorized cart, but partway through the store she commented that she was glad she used the cart because it would have been too much for her without it. When she was finished, she drove the cart right up to the car, then stood up a second before she got in. As we drove away, she said that because her blood is thicker than usual (the Protime of 1.2), she thinks it makes her a little lightheaded when she stands too quickly.

When we got back out to RP, our friend Jon B arrived shortly after we did. He and I carried the groceries in for mom and I put most of them away (except for the ones that only she can put in the perfect location!). Jon refused lunch, but visited with us while we ate, then he and I left so she would take a nap. That was at 1:30pm. We stayed away till 3pm, and when we snuck back, I could see that she was asleep, so we left again for another 20 minutes. When we came back she was up. We were gone over an hour and a half, but I don't know if she slept that whole time.

She made a casserole for dinner, and I think on top of all the activity earlier in the day, preparing a dinner was too much for her. She got increasingly tired. Jon left to head back to KF, and mom continued to putter around, but she was obviously fatigued. By the time we finished dinner she was tired to the point of crankiness.

I asked her earlier in the day about her pulse, and she said she hadn't noticed it at all. She showed me the pacemaker surgery site and asked me to look at it so we would have a second pair of eyes to see if there are any changes or anything unusual. It seems to me like it is kind of bulging, but it didn't feel swollen. I plan to check it tomorrow morning to see if there is any change.

She will give herself another Lovenox injection tonight, then she is to take another Protime test tomorrow to check her Coumadin level. She commented that she thinks it will take her a month to catch up on her sleep, and I reminded her that it has only been three days since her surgery. It'll take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment