Sunday, June 27, 2010

Things are really looking up (Sun 27 Jun, 9:30am)

Mom is really doing well. Now that she seems to be pretty well stabilized on her meds, she is no longer so completely exhausted, and she really seems to be getting back to her normal self.

She had a great day yesterday (Saturday) doing her normal stuff...laundry, making the bed, sorting her mail, paying bills. The metal brackets on her dock had started coming apart after so many years, and mom had called a local Rocky Point welder a few days ago to come look at it. I was in town at the time so she handled it all herself, and he came out yesterday to install the brackets. He did a beautiful job and the dock is once again secure. Mom handled that whole thing herself, so I think concerns about her not being able to take care of things are not exactly accurate. She probably couldn't have welded it herself (although sometimes I think she COULD!), but she knew who to call and she took care of things.

Last night was another of her Rocky Point club parties, and even though I made a half-hearted attempt to get out of it (since I had weed-whipped the entire yard that morning and felt kind of worn out), I ended up chauffeuring her. She had a wonderful time and as usual got about 150 hugs from her pals of all ages. At one point they had a hula contest, and her friends were urging her to join in, but she said she would do it NEXT yesr (and we have witnesses). She had such a good time that we stayed longer than she was planning to and got home about 8pm.

Jana was into her third night of diarrhea, and the poor old gal had pooped in the computer room upstairs, so I cleaned that up when we got home. I suspect that the problem might be the nasty pig's ears that she gets each afternoon at 4pm, because Jana has been very reluctant to take them each day, and only eats them after leaving them to sit for a while (highly unusual for her). I told mom my suspicion, and tonight we are going to try an experiment of giving her a biscuit for her afternoon treat instead.

Today (Sunday) is a beautiful day, and mom is planning to brown a pot roast for her next activity. She's a little tired due to Jana's nighttime escapades, but she is feeling pretty good other than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment