Today is four days post-op. Mom realized that she has been overdoing it the last couple of days, and she spent the entire day today relaxing, sitting in her recliner, reading, dozing, and watching the Food Network on TV. She told me that she feels like she could sleep for a month, and I encouraged her to do exactly that.
I went into town around 11:30 this morning, thinking that she might have a better noon nap if I was completely out of the house. I hit all the KFalls hotspots...the pharmacy at BiMart, the cheap Fred Meyer gas station, Sherm's market (which has good sub sandwiches by the way), the Grange Co-Op (which is a fantastic cowboy store with horse liniment and birdfeeders and rodeo clothing and HAY), and even the Goodwill. I didn't get back to RP till around 3pm, and she was awake in her recliner when I came in. She told me that Fritz did just fine even though I was gone. She said that most of the time he slept in his favorite place behind the couch, but at one point he came out and made a tour of the living room, sniffed noses with Jana with no altercation, and then went back to his sleeping place.
We had a low-key dinner, and she is now back in her recliner watching TV, and Fritz is back in his favorite place behind the couch, and Jana is flaked out on the floor beside mom.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment